Affects Version/s: 3.6.0
Fix Version/s: None
Can reproduce using both Safari 7.1 on Mac OS X 10.9.5 and Firefox 17.0 on CentOS 6.4 Linux. Server is running CentOS 6.4 Linux with CDH 5.1.3 installed by Cloudera Manager.
I wanted to read about the purpose of the "filter bar" in the new Search UI. Looking through the Search UI documentation for a description of it, it seems that the documentation describes the old version of Hue. Here are the steps to reproduce:
1. Click the help icon in the upper-right navigation.
2. Click the 'Solr Search' category in the left navigation
3. The first steps (found under the "Starting Solr Search" heading) says to "Click the Solr Search Icon" in the navigation bar at the top of the page. I do not see this icon directly on the navigation bar, though the 'Search' link on the top nav is a menu which contains an 'Indexes' menu item.
4. Clicking the 'Indexes' menu item takes me to a screen that reminds me of "the Import Collections and Cores dialog" in the old version of Hue, mentioned under the "Starting Solr Search" heading in the documentation.
5. The "Importing Collections" heading mentions an Import button, but I don't see this in the current UI. The "Editing Collection Properties" and "Searching a Collection" items, as well as several more sections of the documentation on the same page, seem to describe the old Hue UI for search.