Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 0.17.0
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:5.2 Quickstart VM
- As a partner developer, I want to use classes in the data-hive module to implement a dataset that uses the Hive/HCatalog metastore for metadata, and stores data in Hadoop.
- A brief statement of what features are in play and which Kite goal this supports.
- Partitions are created automatically.
- Metadata is stored in the Hive metastore.
- Codifies expert patterns and practices.
- Lets developers focus on business logic.
- Provides smart defaults for platform choices.
- Provides standard repository layout and storage strategy, done in configuration rather than code maintained by all customers.
- The syntax model and typical examples of syntax used at runtime.
If I only have syntax, I can document most features.
- Sample data, when applicable. (If the example only runs with a dataset in a particular schema, format, etc., provide the dataset.)
- Ideally, a demo, if there’s time. (Before I try to run it on my own, show me how to set it up and run it on your system.)